4th day of cookies! I love cookies. And now I love biscottis. These bad boys are so cute and they are just perfect size for a treat. But then I have 4 in a row… Anyways These peppermint chocolate biscottis are so delish and have the perfect mix of light peppermint flavor and both dark and white chocolate. I had never made biscottis before and I was surprised at how easy they were to make!
First whip up your dough.
Then separate that into 4 sections and wrap each in plastic wrap.
Put those in the fridge for at least a half an hour. Then remove then and place 2 on a greased baking sheet at a time. Flatten them out to 7 inches long and 2 inches wide. Try not to joke about how they look….
Then bake for about 15 minutes.
Then let them cool for about an hour until cooled through. Then slice horizontally so you end up with lots of little cookies.
Bake those for 5 more minutes on each side until crisp. Let cool, then dip in white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Enjoy!!!Print
Peppermint Chocolate Biscottis
- 1/2 cup cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets; set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and peppermint extract until combined. Beat in the flour until combined, then add chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into four portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap each dough portion and shape into a 7-inch roll. Place rolls 4 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheets on wire racks for 1 hour. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 5 to 7 minutes more or until crisp and dry. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
- Dip one long side of each cookie into melted candy coating. Place cookies on waxed paper. While coating is still wet, sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until coating is set.