- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 – 13 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 7-9 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan. Combine sugar, butter, and cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour butter mixture over crackers, spreading to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Immediately sprinkle with salt, and slide foil from pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Break into bars.
- Recipe by Southern Living